Barely. I am worn out. Dell Harper has a lovely low key birthday celebration Monday (two years old! what?!?). I was relieved to celebrate her birth without being interrupted by giving birth to her new baby brother or sister.
We had a lovely quiet little celebration at home. Miss Priss had asked for a "blue cake", so Mama whipped up this delightful confection. Dell Harper was overjoyed, and we all enjoyed cake before pizza at her insistence.
We continued the birthday festivities with a little party during morning snack at school yesterday- I brought in blueberry muffins and juice. I think DH was more excited to have me sit with her at school than the actual treat.
I just love all her little buddies and school. I was looking forward to finishing up lots of loose ends for work, and getting organized for the big day. Unfortunately, we were all caught by surprise by snow! It was supposed to miss us, but school was let out at 11. So much for getting stuff done.
Now the ground is blanketed in 3-4 inches of snow, which normally would be magical and super fun. Except that I am all set to give birth on Friday, and have no desire to frolic around in the snow. Especially with my thirty pound two year old. Who doesn't own snow pants. (Note- how/why does everyone I see have snow pants for their children? Is this something I am supposed to buy? It never snows).
Anyway, we might venture outside today, to burn off some energy and leave the house. Wish me balance! Other than my dirty house, and mile long to-do list, I am feeling fine! Uncomfortable, but excited and ready to meet this baby! It's so fun with the second, since I don't have the crippling anxiety and fear of my life irrevocably changing. It's done changed already. Instead, I just feel the excitement and anticipation of meeting my new child. And finding out whether it is a boy or girl!
I don't know when I will update the blog next, since my posting has lackadaisical without a newborn. However, I am sure my Instagram feed will be exploding with baby pictures, so please check that!
I hope everyone is staying warm and safe in this wild weather!
Jan 29, 2014
Jan 3, 2014
Anyway, my life in bullet points:
- Miss Priss is now in her big girl room. It is nowhere near completion, but I have taken a chill pill. The decorating is for me, not her. She loves her big high bed, and dollhouse (highly recommend this one, if you are looking for a toddler dollhouse- it was on sale at Christmas and might again).
- Everything is going well so far with this pregnancy- so much better than my previous pregnancy (so far- don't want to jinx myself, here).
- I have no clue whether it's a boy or girl, and am sooooo excited to meet this baby and find out in about 4 weeks.
- Does anyone have any recs on good post-partum nursing, toddler chasing clothing? I have a feeling my previous lay around/go to work clothes will not work this go around.
- Time to get back to work, so I will have to cut this one short. I have been cooking up a storm, and have 4 baby dinners to take to new mamas this month before my own new baby arrives, so I will attempt to recipe share next week.
* Poor Morgan. Poor, poor beleaguered husband.