- Wanting- something new for breakfast. I'm green smoothied out, don't like cereal, want something more protein-packed than oatmeal, and have been ingesting too many KIND bars for my budget. Suggestions?
- Reading- Bebe Day by Day. I loved Bringing Up Bebe when DH was a newborn, and am enjoying this little refresher, picked up at the library. The illustrations by Frenchwoman Margaux Motin are so charming. I did some intense research (light googling) and loved some of her comics, like this one.
In case you are wondering "ca marche pas" means it didn't work. I know the feeling, sister.
- Dreading the pile of work on my kitchen table. Reading legal documents with little sleep is a beast. At least I get to do it in yoga pants.
- Delving into stacks upon stacks of old Junior League and other community cookbooks that one of my parents' friends passed off to me. I feel like I have won the lottery! Morgan does not share this sentiment. I'm so intrigued to try this recipe for beef tips that involves 7-UP, cream of mushroom soup, onion soup mix and strict instructions to not up the oven door for 4 hours. I know what we're having for dinner tonight! Ha, the thing is Morgan would probably love that, and I will be delving into the freezer for something edible. I really can't resist- DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR has me too intrigued. What would happen? I have to find out.
- Bummed about the return of cooler temps and rain. We have been spending the witching hour outside this week, and it makes for a happy toddler, baby and mama. BRING ON SPRING!
Okay, off to corral children. Apologies in advance for my disjointed ramblings.