- I adore the Miss America pageant. I honestly thought that it was between Virginia and Alabama, and was pretty shocked by Miss New York. She definitely had the cutest clothing picks, and a darling smile, but the cups things was both past its cultural relevance date yet faddish. Miss Ohio's ventriloquism, on the other hand? Ha! I (not-so) secretly loved it!
- Dell Harper is giving me hell with her afternoon nap- acting like she's all big and doesn't need a nap. I've been too exhausted to fight it the last couple of days, so I put on a movie which she has passed out watching. Any tips? Our epic stay in your bed fights and giving me scary premonitions of her teenage years.
- Deeds is pulling up on his knees, crawling, or just moving any way he can constantly. He gets ticked off when he can't get back to sitting up from crawling. It's kind of funny, but also slightly annoying. Poor guy- he's so low maintenance that I complain about adjusting him to a sitting position. Love bug.
- Morgan and I watched the season premiere of The Mindy Project Tuesday night, then followed it with The Roosevelts on PBS. Pop culture and history- two of my favorite things!
- So, I just got Deeds in school on Thursdays starting in October- I will now have two days child free to work! Hopefully this will help prevent my imminent nervous breakdown.
- Finally, you have to read this breakdown of Angela Chase's wardrobe with My So-Called Life's costume designer- it's such a fun, fascinating flashback, and reminds me of my baggy overalls, and thrift store finds of my early years of high school. The grunge-influenced, mixed with hippie-look was quite modest, in fact. My parents should consider themselves lucky.
I'm linking up East Coast Chic and The Malones for Thoughts for Thursday!