1. The swing ran out of batteries. Right when Mr. Deeds was being a fusspot and refusing naps in anything but his swing.
2. Deeds is going through a wonder week, and being a tough nut. I think he might be having a growth spurt as well. Awesome.
3. Dell Harper cut her nap in half, then disappeared to my bathroom to go potty while I was feeding her brother. She is not potty trained, but occasionally goes, so I just let her roam. Plus, I was stuck feeding. Now the toilet is clogged and there is a lot of missing toilet paper.
4. The day improved with a way too pricey trip to Target, then home to some bubbles outside during the brief burst of sunshine and dinner.
I made a stove top pasta and cheese from this month's Martha Stewart Living, as well a big pan of roasted red peppers and onions. Deeds was hollering his head off, so I hurriedly made a picnic on the floor for Miss Priss. While I was doing that Buddy jumps on the counter and eats half the pan of vegetables. Cursing, I put him outside to incessantly bark at us.
I look up to see her dumping her plate on the floor, and announcing "Dat so ew-ey, Mama! Ew! I no eat dat." I told her it was pasta with cheese, and she likes it. She proceeds to pick it up and put it in her bucket, then scatter around the house.
Everything seems to be turning around. One child in bed, I let Buddy in to clean up the pasta, and get DH in her pjs and toward her bedroom with a minimum of fuss (just about ten minutes of chasing her).
FInally, she is in bed.
5. Ahhh. I pull some leftover roasted chicken from the fridge, and proceed to cut some meat off the bone to enjoy with my dinner. Then I hear a wail. I put my plate of chicken still on the bone on the highest counter, and head to Miss Priss.
I came back into a happy dog and a missing piece of chicken, bones and all. Off to the emergency vet. Thanks to Mama for coming and sitting with my slumbering kids.
7. Last night I tried on a pair of jeans I wore last month. I could not even button them. I think they accidentally got put in the dryer for a long period, but it was all I could do not to burst into tears.
Okay. All done. Today will be better.
I had a shitty evening yesterday.