- I am paralyzed by the massive amounts of pictures from the Easter Egg hunt we hosted, so attempting to bypass that for now, and just blog away. I was so worn out from said hunt that we had quiches from Costco for Easter Sunday brunch, and S&S Cafeteria for dinner. It was real fancy, and absolutely glorious!
- I have been felled my my body's first foray into the world of seasonal allergies. After volunteering at a plant sale for 2 days last weekend, I thought I was possibly suffering some strange and dire illness. One eye was swollen shut, my nose looked like a damn clown from all the blowing, and I could barely move. Morgan gave me some allergy meds, and waved me off when I protested that they had no effect. Turned out they expired 2 years previously. I procured some working medication and feel much better now.
- Texts From Jane Eyre- got this from the library yesterday. LOVE it! It's witty and hysterical.
- In other light reads, just finished The Royal We by the Fug Girls which was highly entreating and fun. Now I'm enjoying Melanie Shankle's latest,
- With the opening of this fantastic (and spookily empty) Walmart on campus, I have become a person of Walmart. I went last night after a VBS meeting for detergent and milk. I ended up with all sorts of necessary stuff. Like decent looking bows and nightgowns for Dell Harper. And some adorable rompers that are 1980's in a good way- i.e. not neon, but instead just kind of retro and fun. Plus the brand is "Healthtex" which totally sounds like it could be one of my old clothes' labels.
- Anyhoo, maybe it was the proximity, but after Walmart it was almost 9 and I was starving. I had nibbled on a little dinner with the kids, but I was hungry and my purse pretzels weren't cutting it. I gave in to temptation and hit up Krstals for a couple of cheese Krystals and a diet Coke. It was everything I desired and more. I'm currently having a cucumber-avocado smoothie to atone.
That's it for me- once I finally get my desk cleared of all my to-do's (work and otherwise), I've got a ton of great recipes to share with y'all.