Whelp, there you go.
So Coconut Cream Cake- delightfully easy, preschooler friendly, and delicious.
This was a fan favorite growing up- my brother especially. I think Deeds agrees, ha!
Excuse the pictures- I hurriedly tried to snap some before the mob fully descended. I was rather unsuccessful.
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions in a 13x9 pan.
- Remove cake from oven. While still hot, using a utility fork, poke holes all over the top of the cake.
- Mix cream of coconut and sweetened condensed milk together. Pour over the top of the still hot cake.
- Let cake cool completely.
- While it's cooling, make your whipped cream- beat with electric mixer or hand mixer until peaks form, adding sugar to taste. The cake itself is really sweet, so I like to keep my whipped cream not so sugary.
- After the cake is cool, frost with the whipped cream and top with the flaked coconut. Keep cake refrigerated.
Now, don't go all out with a homemade yellow cake here. Cake mix is fine for this purpose. However, make your own whipped cream. It takes five minutes and the rewards are exponential.
As the kiddos say "Soooooooo GOOOOOOD". This is drawn out to the nth degree, and takes them about five minutes to say.
We had Morgan's faves of Beyonce Love Chicken, steamed broccoli, and wild rice. Sooooooo gooooooood, indeed.